I’ve recently been challenged by Martial Arts Mom and Shang Lee to participate in a meme. I wouldn’t want to disappoint my fellow bloggers or incur their wrath, so here we go –
The meme works as follows. You post five things about yourself. Four are untrue. One is true. All are so outlandish, implausible or ridiculous that no one would be inclined to believe that any of them are true. And despite the pleas from your readers, you never divulge which is true and which are fabrications. You then tag five other people (four seriously and one person you are pretty sure would never participate).
Fact or Fiction:
1. I once entered a black belt division in a karate tournament as a green belt and subsequently took first.
2. I first learned about the availability of Russian brides through my martial arts training.
3. I was once drawn into a challenge match at my dojo by a roaming grappler looking to prove himself like a ronin.
4. I was offered a role in the upcoming movie Avatar: The Last Airbender.
5. I once broke four bo’s during a kobudo kata performance through sheer velocity and whiplash of the swings.
Sweet sweet memories…do you know which one is true and which are the dirty lies?
Now it’s time to tag some folks. There are a lot of people I’d like to holla at, but I better stick to the rules: Jesse at Martial Explorer, Massimo at Martial What?, Robin at Obey My Blog, Chris at Diary of a Martial Artist, and Iain Abernethy.