Hey everyone. I’m currently working on a little project for the site, so I thought I’d do a short post here outside my normal rigamarole.
Let’s pretend, just for a moment, that you’ve found yourself on the wrong side of the law. You’re a troublemaker, a scoundrel, and it’s finally caught up to you. Now you find yourself standing in front of the judge as he is about to drop the gavel on you.
For your bad behavior, he has sentenced you to a cruel and unusual five part punishment. But, in a rare twist of kindness, he is letting you make some choices regarding your own fate. Here are your tasks:
1. Choose one, and only one empty hand kata to practice for the rest of your life.
2. Choose one, and only one martial arts movie to watch for the rest of your life.
3. Choose one, and only one weapon to study for the rest of your life.
4. Choose one, and only one martial arts book to read for the rest of your life.
And, just when you thought you had enough, the judge pushes you into a time machine and states:
5. Choose one, and only one martial artist throughout history that you’d like to study with for a year!
Fate has been cruel, but record your answers in the comments below!
Lurkers (people who read blog posts but tend not to comment), this is a good chance for you to make an appearance. Let me know your thoughts! And you commenters who I haven’t seen in awhile, get back in here. You’re going to make me squeeze out a single tear if you stay M.I.A. for much longer. Also if you are a fellow blogger, feel free to use this concept if you need a little something for your blog today.